Since our Speakers Series began in the mid-1980’s we have presented many interesting, informative, and entertaining programs:
- Renowned economist Anirban Basu.
- Senator Ben Cardin has been a national leader on health care, retirement security, the environment and fiscal issues as a member of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives.
- Jim Smith, former Baltimore County Maryland Executive (currently Jim is the Maryland Transportation Secretary)
- Fund Managers of various financial companies that have been represented in our portfolios, including Robert Straus, Chief Investment Officer of the ICON Group; Tim Hurley, Vice President of Wellington Management; Randall Dishmon, Portfolio Manager of the Oppenheimer Global Value Fund; Brian Watson, Director of Research for Steelpath; Brian Conlon, President of Inland Real Estate Trust Company; and Keith Hall, Executive Vice President of KBS Capital Advisors.
- Gerry Sandusky whose book Forgotten Sundays has reached the bestseller lists of both Amazon.com and the New York Times.
- A chamber music performance by Edward Polochick and Jose Miguel Cuerto of the Concert Artists of Baltimore following a talk on charitable giving.
- Historian Wayne Schaumburg has joined us several times with an overview of Baltimore’s rich history.
- Dr. James Dasinger, Clinical Psychologist who spoke to us about Relationships and Money.
- Award winning journalist Gary Belsky, author of Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes.
- Well known sports psychiatrist, Dr. David McDuff, presented “Achieving Peak Performance in Sports and Life.”
- William C. Baker, President of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation who has guided the Foundations’ award-winning efforts to reverse the Bay’s decline. We discovered that their efforts are paying off and the Bay is healthier than it has been in decades.
Our Next Speaker:Mark your calendars for a fun-filled evening at The National Aquarium in Baltimore, featuring John C. Racanelli, the Aquarium’s President and CEO.
October 19, 2016 at 6:30 PM *Guests will be able to tour the exhibits before the event from 5:45-6:30 PM.